Wyoming @ UNLV
Regular season records: Wyoming 24-7; UNLV 18-13
What there is to know
The UNLV Rebels and Wyoming Cowboys are scheduled to face off at 5:30 p.m. ET on March 10 at the Thomas & Mack Center in the second round of the Mountain West Conference tournament. The Cowboys should always ride high after a win, while UNLV will be looking to get back into the win column.
UNLV fell short against the New Mexico Lobos last Saturday, losing 76-67. A silver lining for the Rebels was the play of guard Bryce Hamilton, who had 28 points.
Meanwhile, Wyoming made it a nail-biter, but they managed to escape with a 68-64 win over the Fresno State Bulldogs last Saturday. Four Wyoming players scored in double figures: guard Xavier DuSell (21), forward Graham Ike (16), forward Jeremiah Oden (14) and guard Hunter Maldonado (10). Xavier DuSell’s performance made up for a slower game against UNLV when the two teams last met earlier in the regular season.
UNLV’s loss cut them to 18-13 while Wyoming’s win cut them to 24-7. Last Saturday, the Cowboys relied heavily on DuSell, who had 21 points on top of five rebounds. It will be up to the UNLV defense to limit its damage on Thursday.
How to watch
- When: Thursday at 5:30 p.m. ET
- Or: Thomas & Mack Center–Las Vegas, Nevada
- To follow: CBS Sports app
UNLV has won seven of its last ten games against Wyoming.
- Mar 02, 2022 – UNLV 64 vs. Wyoming 57
- Mar 06, 2021 – Wyoming 80 vs. UNLV 69
- January 11, 2020 – UNLV 78 vs. Wyoming 69
- February 19, 2019 – UNLV 66 vs. Wyoming 56
- January 05, 2019 – UNLV 68 vs. Wyoming 56
- February 10, 2018 – UNLV 85 vs. Wyoming 70
- January 25, 2017 – Wyoming 66 vs. UNLV 65
- December 31, 2016 – UNLV 81 vs. Wyoming 75
- February 27, 2016 – UNLV 79 vs. Wyoming 74
- January 09, 2016 – Wyoming 59 vs. UNLV 57