Thursday is a series opener, with the St. Louis Cardinals (13-10) visiting the San Francisco Giants (14-10) at 9:45 p.m. ET.
The Cardinals will start Miles Mikolas (1-1), and the Giants will counter with Logan Webb (3-1).
The Cardinals won 10-0 against the Royals yesterday in their last outing. Tyler O’Neill went 2 for 4 with a triple, home run and three RBIs to lead them to victory.
The Giants lost 9-1 in their game against the Dodgers yesterday. Brandon Crawford finished the contest as San Francisco’s top offensive option, going 1 for 3 with a home run and an RBI in the loss.
Find out everything you need to know about this MLB baseball game including date, time, TV channel and how to stream it live online for free. You can watch this match live in the United States on FuboTV (7-day free trial).
Watch St. Louis Cardinals vs. San Francisco Giants with fuboTV
- Match day: Thursday, May 5, 2022
- Game time: 9:45 p.m. ET
- TV: NBC Sports Networks (regional restrictions may apply)
- Direct: Watch online with fuboTV!
Who are the key players for the Cardinals?
- Mikolas of the Cardinals (1-1) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The 33-year-old has a 1.52 ERA and 7.6 strikeouts in nine innings, with a .193 batting average in five games this season.
- Nolan Arenado leads the Cardinals with seven homers and 20 RBIs, while posting a .337 batting average.
- Tommy Edman has a double, a triple, three homers and 13 walks with a .288 average.
- Paul Goldschmidt has four doubles, two home runs and 13 walks while hitting .272.
- O’Neill is batting .200 with three doubles, a triple, two homers and nine walks.
Who are the Giants’ key players?
- Webb (3-1) gets the go-ahead for the Giants in his sixth start of the season. He has a 3.26 ERA in 30 1/3 innings pitched, with 20 strikeouts.
- The 25-year-old has a 3.26 ERA, with 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings in five games this season. Opponents beat .275 against him.
- Wilmer Flores paces the Giants with a .268 batting average.
- Thairo Estrada had 14 RBIs to lead his team.
- Joc Pederson has six homers, tops in the clubhouse.
- Crawford has four doubles, two home runs and nine walks while hitting .220.
The Cardinals’ last 10 games
- In the last 10 contests, Goldschmidt leads the Cardinals with two homers.
- Over the past 10 games, St. Louis has averaged 1.8 extra hits per outing while hitting .300.
- St. Louis has gone 3.2 points per game in its last 10 games.
- St. Louis is averaging 6.2 strikeouts and 5.1 strikeouts per strikeout over the past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, the St. Louis pitching staff ERA is 3.58.
The Giants’ last 10 games
- Over the past 10 games, Flores has scored a team-high eight RBIs.
- San Francisco is batting .370 with 20 extra hits in its last 10 games.
- San Francisco is averaging 4.9 carries per game in its last 10 outings.
- Over the past 10 games, San Francisco has struck out 7.8 times per game.
- The San Francisco pitcher has a 4.50 ERA over the last 10 games.
Who is the favorite to win the Cardinals against the Giants?
- Prefer: Cardinals (-115)
- Total: 7.5 (Y: -115 You : -105)
If you want to watch this game live from the United States, go to fuboTV (7-day free trial broadcast).